Study Abroad in Salzburg
Dr. Mutlu Çitim-Kepic
Join the Study Abroad listserv to get regular updates on CES Study Abroad Programs and information sessions by sending an email to Lisa Booth.
- Courses taught in English.
- Homestays with Austrian families with morning and evening meals.
- Daily lunch at Salzburg College.
- Four day excursion to Vienna with hotel, breakfast and events.
- Walking tours and palace tours.
- Day trips.
- Music component also available: Music History and Studio.
- Completion of this program counts for the capstone experience required for EU Studies minors.
Summer A: May 9th to July 19th, 2017 (6 weeks) or May 9th to August 5th, 2017 (12 weeks)
- Instrumental / Vocal Lessons
- Music History (MUH 3212 – music majors only)
Choose any two of the following courses:
- History, Politics, and Culture of Austria (H, I)
- Economics and Politics of the European Union (S, I)
- German course may be available based on demand; please contact the program coordinator.
Students are housed in Austrian homes with Austrian families (one or two students per home). The homestay provides a great opportunity to learn about Austrian culture from an “insider” perspective. Breakfast and dinner are taken with the host family. Lunch is provided at Salzburg College. Meals are included in the program cost.
Fee includes: Tuition for 6 credits, home stay with Austrian family including breakfast and dinner daily, daily lunch at school’s cafeteria, local excursions, four-day trip to Vienna, orientation, international health insurance and medical emergency assistance.
Fee does NOT include: Roundtrip airfare, textbooks, optional additional trips, additional personal travel and personal expenses.
A $350 non-refundable deposit toward the total cost of the program is required at the time of application. The remaining fees are due no later than 45 days prior to departure. Students receiving financial aid may defer payment until their financial aid disperses.
Application deadline: March 15th, 2017