European Union Studies Program
University of Florida
3326A Turlington Hall
PO Box 117342
Gainesville, FL 32611
Mon.: 12:00 – 2:00 pm Tues.: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
And by appt.
The European Union Studies Program (EUSP) at the University of Florida (UF) was formally established within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in June 2001. It is housed in the Center of European Studies, and is a fully interdisciplinary program with affiliated faculty from Anthropology, Film Studies, Germanic and Slavic Studies, History, Political Science, Romance Languages and Literature, and Sociology among others. The number and breadth of affiliated faculty is constantly growing.The EU Studies Program works closely with the long established official European Union Depository Library housed in Smathers Library West. The Program is part of a growing national and international network of centers devoted to the study and teaching of all aspects of the European Union. The primary goal of the European Union Studies Program at UF is to provide an organizational center for all those across the campus with an interest in researching, teaching, and learning about the European Union. The EUSP offers:
- An interdisciplinary European Union Studies Minor and European Union Studies Certificate open to undergraduates from across the campus with new EUSP courses being added regularly.
- Study Abroad in Brussels Program at Vesalius college focused on EU-related subjects from across disciplines and co-sponsors additional programs in Prague and Salzburg.
- An ongoing colloquium series incorporating speakers both from across the campus and outside speakers to give public talks on EU-related subjects. See the current schedule for details.
- Assistance to faculty members interested in developing new EU-related courses and/or course materials.
- EUSP Schedule Spring 2020