Graduate Student Course Development Grants
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
The UF Center for European Studies (CES) announces a competition of Course Development Grants for UF graduate students.
The competition will fund up to three graduate students to develop and teach new Europe-related courses in Fall 2020 or in Spring 2021.
We will consider proposals in the following two categories:
- Courses focused on Europe or European Studies. Eligible courses are those in which at least 50% of the course material is related to Europe or European Studies subjects. The proposed new courses may be in any area or department, but priority will be given to courses that can attract students from a broad array of disciplines and are formally proposed as interdisciplinary or cross-listed courses. We especially encourage course proposals from fields and departments in which there are currently few European Studies course offerings.
- Courses focused specifically on the European Union. Eligible courses are those in which at least 50% of the coursework is related to the European Union itself (e.g. its history, evolution, institutions, politics, policies, current developments, and relations with the outside world).
Grant recipients will be offered a graduate teaching assistantship in CES (approx $8,000), including an in-state tuition waiver, for the semester in which the course is taught.
It is the student’s responsibility to insure that they are eligible to receive a salary from CES if they are receiving other funding from UF or an external source.
How to Apply
Proposals should include the following:
- a 1-2 page course description that outlines the topics to be covered and highlights the European and/or EU content
- a current CV, including past teaching experience
- a letter of recommendation from the student’s graduate advisor (or other faculty member)
- confirmation from the Chair (or other official with appropriate authority) of the student’s home department that the course will cross-listed with the home department as well.
Applications materials, preferably in PDF format, should be emailed to Corinne Tomasi email@example.com.
If you have questions, please contact Corinne Tomasi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 294-7144.